Table of Contents
There are separate upgrade instructions if you have an existing installation.
Try these instructions first. If you still need help, follow one of the links below:
- Step 1: Make sure your server meets the requirements.
- Step 2: Download the latest release from the Download Page.
- Step 3: Unpack the distribution archive and upload/copy the files to your web space.
- Step 4: Create a MySQL database for your glFusion site. It is recommended that you use utf8mb4_unicode_ci or utf8_unicode_ci as the database collation. Make note the server name (address), userid and password for your new database.
- Step 5: Open the Installation Wizard (http://www.example.com/admin/install) in your browser and follow the instructions. (For additional information, see the Installation Wizard instructions.) See the glFusion Installation on an SSL Host section if performing an installation on a site running under a SSL certificate.
Please make a note of the password generated during installation (or the password you specified) as you will need this to log into your new site.
- Step 6: Check Domain and SSL Redirection
Step 7: Login with the username / password (admin / created during install).
- If your site is accessible through multiple URLs, such as http://example.com and http://www.example.com, you should setup redirection so all content is available through one standard URL. See URL Redirection for details.
- If you are running your site under SSL, redirect non-SSL requests to your SSL site. See SSL Redirection for details.
Step 8: Check out the Quick Start page and browse through the documentation to see what all you can do with your glFusion site.
Once you have completed the installation be sure to rename the public_html/admin/install directory. Also, pay attention to the success message to learn how to log in as the administrator and change the default password.If you did not choose to let the installer remove the Installation files, be sure to rename the public_html/admin/install/ directory when you have successfully installed glFusion.
You can log into glFusion using the default administrator's account. The password was created during the installation.
Password: password created or entered during installation
Now is a great time to check out the Quick Start page.
You may want to consider doing the following as well:
- Subscribe to the glFusion Announce mailing list to keep up-to-date on important announcements.
- Register an account on the glFusion.org web site and start collaborating in the forums.
- Tell your friends!
Something Wrong! Troubleshooting
If you've encountered problems installing glFusion, and you've carefully checked each of the steps above:
- Download the source package again to ensure you do not have a corrupt download
- Upload your files again—FTP corruption is a common cause for problems.
- Check out the glFusion Support Forum. Search for any error messages you may have received during installation, or post them in the forum.
- Check out the Trouble Shooting page.