3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 41 times)  

I have been trying to work out some strange behaviour for a while now. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing it to happen. Sometimes when I am editing a story or page the screen would change. It only happened now and again. Anyway... I have just created a new poll and I realised that when I am using Firefox, if I edit a poll and highlight one of the answers with the mouse the screen changes to the permissions screen. Not quite sure what is happening there. I use Chrome mainly now so it's not an issue, but it might be for others who use Firefox.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

glFusion User
Last Edited May 17 18 @ 5:02

Not a highlight bug, instead the browser thinks you are 'swiping'. Typically to highlight a field, you either start on the left or right side, hold the mouse button and move to the end of the text to select. The exact same motion you would use to swipe left or right. Firefox / Opera seem very sensitive to this. A drawback to having touch enabled capabilities which are needed to better support mobile platforms.

I have 're-trained' myself to click in the field I want to highlight and then double-click to select all the text - this works and doesn't emulate the swiping movements.

Admin
glFusion Developer
Texas
TJ likes this.

Hi Mark.

Thank you for the explanation. Thumbup
I will have to train myself to do the same.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

glFusion User
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1