I have the lasest GLfusion installed an have had the website up for sometime without any major issues. Thanks to you all for putting a great CMS toughter.
However I am now having I think is a minor issue now.
I have is that I have a user that is trying to contribute a story but copying and pasting from a word doc to the Story on the site. But onc she previews and likes what she wrote she hits save and gets a SQL error.
I open up the error.log and find this above the Story
It looks like you performed an upgrade of glFusion but not all the source files were properly updated. The SQL error is caused because the 'in_transit' field is missing from the story table. This field was dropped in glFusion v1.1.5.
The source file that is probably out of date is private/system/classes/story.class.php. Can you update it from the glFusion v1.1.5 archive and see if that solves the problem.
Just to make sure, did you perform an upgrade recently? If yes, from what version did you upgrade from?
OK, I'm going to make an assumption here....I'm assuming when you upgraded back on Aug 12, you used an incremental release distribution, but you were more than 1 version back. For example, you were running glFusion v1.1.3 and used the incremental release designed to upgrade 1.1.4 to 1.1.5.
The quick fix to the error you are getting now is to update the private/system/lib-story.php from the glFusion v1.1.5 distribution.
But, I'm worried there are other files that may have been missed, so I highly recommend you take the full glFusion v1.1.5 distribution and re-upload everything to make sure nothing is out of sync.
I tried to create an account so I could see the forum error, but got a message there was a problem sending the email. Can you activate my account (Mark) and email me the password (you'll need to reset it to something) at email@example.com. I'll take a look around and see what we can figure out.
Now that you have all the source files updated, let's see if you need to upgrade some plugins. Go into Command & Control -> Plugins and see if any need to be updated. My guess is that the Forum needs to have the upgrade run (and any others that show they need it). That should fix up the forum error.
After we get that taken care of, we'll want to look at how you have the email setup and make sure we get it working properly.
In the public_html/admin/install/ directory there is a script called dvlpupdate.php. We want to run it. But, if you followed the installation directions, you either renamed the install/ directory or deleted it, so we'll need to either rename it back or re-upload it from the distribution archive so we can run:
You do need to already be logged into the site with an admin account.
Once you run it, then rename or remove the install/ directory and we should be back in business. Basically dvlpupdate.php is the fail-safe we include when problems like this arise.