By: StarWarsGuy (offline)  Aug 29 09 @ 2:06  (Read 3134 times)  

I have a favicon.ico in my /public_html directory. When you go to my page, it appears until the page finishes loading, and then it goes to a blue square. (The same blue square appears as the site icon for glfusion.org)

I've tried clearing the cache in C&C. The icon appears as page loads, and then goes to blue box.

Any idea how I can keep my favicon [img]http://www.StarWarsGuide.net/favicon.ico[/img]active Question

BTW, I checked your favicon [img]http://www.glfusion.org/favicon.ico[/img] and it doesn't seem to be working on your site either. Confused

I'm using IE8 and cross checking with Chrome.

Forum Junior
Junior

StarWarsGuy

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 29 09 @ 8:54   

If you want to replace the facicon and you are using the Nouveau theme (default for glFusion), please your favicon.ico in the public_html/layout/nouveau/ directory, that should pick it up so it will always be used.

Thanks!
Mark

Join me on the glFusion Gitter Channel

Forum Admin
Admin

Mark

Group Comfort
Level:
: +113
Texas
By: PBX-Tech (offline)  Aug 29 09 @ 9:54   

I am having the same problem. I tried your suggestion Mark and also tried the public_html/layout/nouveau/images directory, no luck. I am currently on glFusion 1.1.5.pl2 and also expirienced it with the last release. I have performed a ctrl-F5 and a Clear Cache in Command & Control.

Rhett

Forum Junior
Junior

PBX-Tech

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 29 09 @ 10:37   

I did mistype the previous post. The favicon.ico should go in the public_html/layout/nouveau/images/ directory.

If we look at the htmlheader.thtml template, it has the following line:

PHP Formatted Code

<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="{layout_url}/images/favicon.ico"{xhtml}>

Based on this, it should pick up the correct icon if placed in the layout/nouveau/images/ directory.

You may need to clear the template cache (Command & Control -> Clear Cache) and that should do it.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Mark

Group Comfort
Level:
Texas
By: PBX-Tech (offline)  Aug 30 09 @ 1:02   

You may need to clear the template cache (Command & Control -> Clear Cache)

Tried that and it didn't make a difference. I know it's there, when I type mysite.com/layout/nouveau/images/favicon.ico I see it.

Rhett

Forum Junior
Junior

PBX-Tech

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 30 09 @ 8:04   

I think browsers really like to cache the favicon. I replaced the one here, cleared the cache, hit ctrl-f5, still showed the old one. I exited my browser, ran ccleaner (which clears the browser cache), loaded the site and there it was!

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Mark

Group Comfort
Level:
Texas
By: PBX-Tech (offline)  Aug 30 09 @ 5:59   

Thanks Mark, that worked.