Some of you might have noticed the plugin called glPopMail in the subversion repository for glLabs. This plugin is currently under development, and when finished will be a full fledged email client for use with glFusion, and Geeklog. I am pleased to announce that the plugin is now in an installable state. I am looking for people to grab a copy from the subversion repository and give it a try and send us feed back via the glLabs tacker. This plugin needs a lot of work so the more input I get the better it will be. Click the read more link for current feature information, and what works or does not work. Download now and give it a test.
What should work
- Basic pop3 email functionality
- composing email msgs
- sending new mail
- checking and reading mail
- replying to mail
- CC and BCC
- viewing headers
- sending and receiving attachments
- text and HTML emails
- APOP servers login support
What DOES NOT WORK!!
- geeklog security not implemented
- no ssl/tls support (yes its coming)
- Address Book dosen't work at all
- No user configurable setting between login sessions.
- No sent mail container (not sure if this is a good thing to have)
- No spell check functionality
- No filtering of HTML messages for nasty scripts and such