Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Add-on, Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 EvList Bug
First | Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: eric (offline)  Mar 21 2011 18:15 pm  
eric

Hi Lee,

I bet that this was also the reason why google searches came up with empty results.

Well since this mystery is solved.... how about just always show the 'base' event? Repetitive events are only clones of the first one created, Once you have earmarked these you'll be able to also always show a base event with instances from the past no? If one of these instances is edited, then it becomes a base event itself, no longer part of all instances.

Makes me wonder, is it possible to edit events from the past that are ended? I hope they aren't so history of events is ensured, I haven't tried this though.

Regards,
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: lgarner (offline)  Mar 21 2011 21:10 pm  
lgarner

That would work. That's sort of how data is stored now, except that instances of a base event are always tied to the actual event such that changing a recurring event's schedule replaces all recurrences. For purposes of the search it's probably ok to link to the first occurrence.

Yes, if you have the rights to edit an event you can edit any event, past or future. Just like articles & other content items. There's no "closing" time for edits.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +52

Profile Email Website  
By: Rocky (offline)  Mar 24 2011 13:18 pm  
Rocky

I am seeing the same problem with search results. It's just a current single event. The eid that the search result uses in the url is different from that of the actual event.

Thanks!

Sam

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Profile Email    
By: eric (offline)  Mar 24 2011 18:27 pm  
eric

Hi Lee,

I have been playing with the repetative options and there is one that I cannot seem to get to work.
The snapshot attached is showing the selection list and the one I cannot seem to do anything is the last one. I translated the list items so it might not be clear to you what list item this is, if that is the case I will look and see what var I used for the text.

Click on image to download

Regards,
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: lgarner (offline)  Mar 24 2011 21:27 pm  
lgarner

When you click that item it should open up a line so you can enter the dates. Is that not happening? Or is it not doing anything with the dates after you enter them?

If the entry field for the dates isn't opening you can check your Javascript console to see if there are errors. I haven't run into any there. The language variable, to help make sure we're looking at the same thing, is $LANG_EVLIST['rec_formats'][6].

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 27 2011 03:35 am  
eric

Goodmorning All,

I found a small textual 'bug' which is in the center block. See attached screenprint to see what I mean. Somehow the text from the short description is running against the startdate with my first event shown. As you can see the other events do not have this problem but most events have shorter text. The second event also has a longer text and is showing the "..." correctly meaning there's more to read.

Regards,
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 27 2011 04:08 am  
eric

Quote by: lgarner

When you click that item it should open up a line so you can enter the dates. Is that not happening? Or is it not doing anything with the dates after you enter them?

Nothing happens Lee but I do see your screenprint with the selection one up in my selection list.

In the language file I see at least 4 evList translation blocks that are the same:

PHP Formatted Code
'rec_formats'       => array(
        1   => 'Voorgaande Evenementen',
        2   => 'Aankomende Evenementen',
        3   => 'Komende Week',
        4   => 'Komende Maand',
        5   => 'Evenementen',
        6   => 'Datum',
        7   => 'Evenementen Lijst',

(never mind the translations themselves, they need fixing)

PHP Formatted Code
/* column block and centerblock */
$X_LANG_EVLIST05 = array (
    1   => 'Voorgaande Evenementen',
    2   => 'Aankomende Evenementen',
    3   => 'Komende Week',
    4   => 'Komende Maand',
    5   => 'Evenementen',
    6   => 'Datum',
    7   => 'Evenementen Lijst'
);

PHP Formatted Code
'recur_desc'        => array(
        1   => 'Vind elke dag plaats',
        2   => 'Vind elke maand plaats op dezelfde datum(s)',
        3   => 'Vind elk jaar plaats op dezelfde datum',
        4   => 'Vind elke %interval% week plaats op de %day%',
        5   => 'Vind elke %interval% maand plaats op de %daynum% %day%',
        6   => '',      // custom dates

PHP Formatted Code
/* recurring periods */
$X_LANG_EVLIST06 = array (
    1   => 'Dagelijks, bijv., 4 april tot en met 7 april (aaneensluitend)',
    2   => 'Maandelijks op datum, bijv., de eerste van de maand',
    3   => 'Jaarlijks, bijv., ieder jaar op 25 december',
    4   => 'Wekelijks, bijv., Maandag, Woensdag, en Vrijdag',
    5   => 'Maandelijks op dag, bijv., de derde vrijdag van de maand',
    6   => 'Meerdere datums: een komma-gescheiden lijst van kalenderdatums'
);

I think the last block is how the two others should also be, 6 items instead of 7 since the 7th isn't working and the 6th is the same as your screenshot. Could I have old & new language file items merged what is causing this difference? I am almost sure this is language file related now that I see all these blocks with sometimes 6 and sometimes 7 selection options.

Hope you see the problem so I can start fixingSmile

Thanks,
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 27 2011 04:17 am  
eric

SOLVED!
Never mind this one Lee, it happened to be my browser width what was causing this. It made it look as if there was incorrect spacing but once I made the browser window a bit wider it turned out to be ok so no problem here! Pure coincidence the way the text was shown in the screenshot.

Thanks,
Eric

Quote by: eric

Goodmorning All,

I found a small textual 'bug' which is in the center block. See attached screenprint to see what I mean. Somehow the text from the short description is running against the startdate with my first event shown. As you can see the other events do not have this problem but most events have shorter text. The second event also has a longer text and is showing the "..." correctly meaning there's more to read.

Regards,
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: lgarner (offline)  Mar 27 2011 11:59 am  
lgarner

The "$X_LANG" variables are legacy and no longer used (the "X" was put there to make sure they didn't get used. Only the "recur_desc" array is used for the values.

You are correct, there is no 7th value in either array. The english_utf-8.php language file is the "master", so you can compare to that to find what the layouts should be. I try to update the languages that I have (Dutch & English) by deleting lines and adding new ones (in English), but apparently missed the removal of rec_formats #7.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 28 2011 16:01 pm  
eric

Mmmzzz that is interesting Lee since the first block in my case are the textual options I actually have in my dropdown box which is the 'rec_formats' and not the recur. Could it be that in my case thw wrong language block is used?

Thanks!
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 28 2011 16:14 pm  
eric

It's ok, I couldn't edit my previous post anymore but I understand now, there's the rec_formats and the recur_formats which both are used but in my case I only need to adjust the rec_formats Smile

Thanks!
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 28 2011 17:11 pm  
eric

Hi Lee,

I think I still have a bug in my drop down list of recuring items, well related to. If I select the 5th option 'monthly on certain day(s) the screen displayed based on the selected option is not showing the text of first/second/third/fourth/fifth selection box when creating a new event. Once you have created the event the text IS displayed like it should when creating a new one. See screenprints

Click on image to download Click on image to download

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Apr 05 2011 17:37 pm  
eric

Hi Lee,

maybe another bug when using the Locator integration. In my case (Netherlands) I just discovered, kinda like what I experienced with the weather plugin and addresses, that there is no map when there is no postal code entered. It seems that the Locator plugin integration (or maybe even Locator plugin itself?) is not working when there is no postal code even if the rest of the address is there.

Thanks!
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Apr 05 2011 17:48 pm  
eric

Lee,

also a question regarding the location tab and the location dropdown list selector. When I add a new event I am able to select a location from the list but when I save the event this information is gone. Also I was hoping that the location fields would be filled automatically after the selection but they aren't. So actually nothing seems to happen and it will not save the selected location.

Thanks!
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: lgarner (offline)  Apr 05 2011 21:27 pm  
lgarner

There was an ampersand that was urlencoded in the template, which shouldn't have been. Try the attached template file instead. The fields should be filled in by Javascript.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last

All times are CDT. The time is now 01:30 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content