Forum Index >  glFusion >  Theme Support New Topic Post Reply
 Systemwide color change
   |  Printable Version
By: vick (offline)  May 30 2012 15:09 pm (Read 2238 times)  
vick

Hello,

A few questions:

1. I generally do not upgrade unless I have to. I am running 1.1.6, I think. Should I upgrade to the v1.2.2.pl3?

2. Presentation problems
a. In the first img, how can I increase the width of the menu dropdown (you can see it cuts off some menu txt).
b. Also, what is the meaning of "10/0", "39/0" etc.? Is that a problem in mu understanding?

3. In the second img., you see how everything is bluish (col. headers, etc.). My company colors, as seen in the banner, is burgundy and black. How can I make a systemwide change?

Thanks for your help.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email    
By: Geiss (offline)  May 30 2012 15:48 pm  
Geiss

Hi vick,

To answer your questions:

1. I strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version of glFusion. In addition to feature enhancements, there are critical security fixes meant to protect your site from hacking attempts. You can review all the changes in all the versions since the one you're running in our What's New and Template Changes pages.

2a. Copy private/plugins/sitetailor/templates/gl_horizontal-cascading.thtml to public_html/layout/novueau/plugins/sitetailor/gl_horizontal-cascading.thtml, doing this ensures that you customizations won't be lost on a site upgrade. Then open the file and edit the width in the .gl_moomenu{menu_id} li ul setting:

PHP Formatted Code
.gl_moomenu{menu_id} li ul {
  float:none;
  left:-999em;
  position:absolute;
  width:14.6em; /* <-- edit this */
  z-index:{under};
}

Save your changes, and then clear your glFusion cache in Command & Control >> Clear Cache, and your web browser cache.

2b. 10/0 means that you have ten stories under that topic, and no submissions pending.

3. You'll want to edit the stylesheet files to your liking. Copy public_html/layout/nouveau/style.css to public_html/layout/novueau/custom/style.css, and edit it. You may also want to do the same with the style-colors.css file, as many of the common colors are grouped together there and that might make it easier to edit. You can use the Firebug plugin for the Firefox browser to determine what styles are what.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +58

Profile Email Website  
By: vick (offline)  May 30 2012 16:33 pm  
vick

Thank you Geiss, I will try your suggestions.

For upgrade, is it possible to do this from within glf, or do I download a file, and then apply? I just did a sql backup of the site.

EDITS: Just found out that I need to run the upgrade wizard. But, by looking at a whole long list of template changes, I am confused about my upgrade path. I do not recall what templates (if any) I might have changed in the past.

Should I go step by step -- 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 - 1.2.1 to 1.2.2?

Or, simply make a backup of all source files, and replace the new ones that were overwritten by the upgrade?

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Geiss (offline)  May 30 2012 17:06 pm  
Geiss

I would grab the full 1.2.2.pl3 release archive (not the incremental one), backup your database (which you said you did), backup your site's files on the webserver (work with your webhost to do this), and then ftp over the 1.2.2.pl3 files making sure they overwrite the old ones. Then run the upgrade wizard, and you should be good.

If you run into any issues, just post in the forums.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: vick (offline)  May 31 2012 18:20 pm  
vick

Geiss,

Just did the upgrade (caepipe.net). Went on without trouble. BUT...

It partly broke my homepage, some of the banner customizations are gone (e.g., banner shd be red, it is back to blue). Plus that mooslide widget is messed up. Some file I had customized needs to be brought back.

I need help. Thanks.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Geiss (offline)  May 31 2012 19:29 pm  
Geiss

Hi Vick,

For the header background, you'll want to restore whatever image you used prior to the upgrade. If you named it something different than the default public_html/layout/yourtheme/images/header-bg.png, then it should still be there and all you have to do is reference it in style.css in the

PHP Formatted Code
gl_header div starting around line 215:
#gl_header {
background:url(layout/nouveau/images/header-bg.png) 0 0 repeat-x;
height:100px;
}

If your image file was named header-bg.png, it was overwritten during the upgrade, so you'll want to restore it from one of your file backups.

The mooslide widget just looks like it doesn't have the css to style it. I would copy the following code from nouveau's style.css (around line 2395) into your theme's style.css stylesheet:

PHP Formatted Code
/* start gl_mooslide css */
.gl_slide {
margin:0 auto;
}

#gl_slide_hr hr {
clear:both;
height:0;
border:0;
display:none;
}

ul#gl_slide-tabs { /* The tabs for the content box */
text-align:center;
list-style:none;
margin:1em auto 0;
padding:0 0 0 5px;
}

#gl_slide-tabs li {
float:left;
height:28px;
line-height:28px;
display:block;
cursor:pointer;
list-style:none;
margin-left:3px;
font-weight:700;
background:#4d77cc;
color:#FFF;
padding:0 15px;
}

#gl_slide-tabs li.active {
background:679ef1;
color:#999;
}

#gl_slide-tabs li.current {
background:#ccc;
color:#999;
}

div#gl_frame {
position:relative;
overflow:hidden;
border:5px solid #CCC;
margin:0 auto 2em;
}

div#gl_frame div.button {
position:absolute;
width:28px;
height:28px;
cursor:pointer;
top:40%;
}

div#gl_frame div.button#left {
left:10px;
background:url(layout/nouveau/images/prev.png) no-repeat;
}

div#gl_frame div.button#right {
right:10px;
background:url(layout/nouveau/images/next.png) no-repeat;
}

#gl_scroller {
margin:0 auto;
}

.gl_tab-pane {
float:left;
margin:0;
}

.gl_tab-pane img {
padding:0;
}

Clear your glFusion and browser caches (Command & Control >> Clear Cache and Ctrl+F5 in your browser), and see if you're back running right.

Regards,

Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: vick (offline)  May 31 2012 20:23 pm  
vick

Hi Eric,

Thanks, Both of your suggestions fixed it. With the second problem, the (new) style.css seems to have a ".gl_" prefixed to the class names for frame, slider etc. classes, which I added.

With an earlier problem, where you wrote:

<<2a. Copy private/plugins/sitetailor/templates/gl_horizontal-cascading.thtml to public_html/layout/novueau/plugins/sitetailor/gl_horizontal-cascading.thtml, doing this ensures that you customizations won't be lost on a site upgrade. Then open the file and edit the width in the .gl_moomenu{menu_id} li ul setting...
>>

I cannot find that second folder, "public_html/layout/novueau/plugins/sitetailor/" in my installation. There is no "plugins" under "nouveau". Is there another folder where this is supposed to go to?

Also, I loaded a new "favico.ico" into nouveau/images. But no show?

Another: I uploaded a new file for download purposes. (http://www.caepipe.net/filemgmt/index.php), for files hosted on this site, they all go to some unrelated URL.

Thanks again,
V

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Geiss (offline)  May 31 2012 21:02 pm  
Geiss

I cannot find that second folder, "public_html/layout/novueau/plugins/sitetailor/" in my installation. There is no "plugins" under "nouveau". Is there another folder where this is supposed to go to?

The archive doesn't ship with it, just go ahead and create the file structure manually. It's where you can put a plugin's custom template files specific for that layout.

Also, I loaded a new "favico.ico" into nouveau/images. But no show?

How do you specify the favico.ico in the htmlheader.thtml file? Did you change it from the default:

PHP Formatted Code
<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="{layout_url}/images/favicon.ico"{xhtml}>

If it's the same, the browser is probably caching it. Clear your glFusion cache and your browser cache. You also might want to use a program like cCleaner to thoroughly clean the browser cache, as browsers are notorious for clinging to javascript and ico files, even when you clean their normal caches.

Another: I uploaded a new file for download purposes. (http://www.caepipe.net/filemgmt/index.php), for files hosted on this site, they all go to some unrelated URL.

I'm not sure what you're asking here, help me understand. It looks like you've got a File Mgmt. category image that is hosted at http://www.icheckstress.com/caepipenet/ ... aepipe.gif, that seems to be a broken link. Is that the right location for that image?

Also, the first two links to the software tutorials seem to be broken as they go to http://www.icheckstress.com/?f, but the third (for the User's manual) seems to be working. What is the difference in how you created the User's manual link?

Regards,

Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: vick (offline)  Jun 07 2012 17:00 pm  
vick

Hi Geiss,

Finally, after some FTP problems, and the web hosting provider's inept help (on other issues), I have changed the path. So, all of my images are showing. Plus, the file mgmt links are working.

Couple of things that remain are:

1. I wrote:

<<I cannot find that second folder, "public_html/layout/novueau/plugins/sitetailor/" in my installation. There is no "plugins" under "nouveau". Is there another folder where this is supposed to go to?
>>

You replied:

The archive doesn't ship with it, just go ahead and create the file structure manually. It's where you can put a plugin's custom template files specific for that layout.

NEW Q: I did create the structure as you wanted me to (cleared caches). But the "Topics" menu does not widen. You can see at the link (caepipe.net).

2. Systemwide color change: I have made the changes in the CSS files. But, there are some basic settings via the C&C. I will try to change them and report back if I run into trouble.

Thanks.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Geiss (offline)  Jun 07 2012 17:29 pm  
Geiss

NEW Q: I did create the structure as you wanted me to (cleared caches). But the "Topics" menu does not widen. You can see at the link (caepipe.net).

Let's try a different approach. Instead of copying it to the nouveau folder, let's edit the original file. Looking at it a little deeper, it looks like the setting I told you earlier is getting overridden by some css later in the file. I'm not sure why it's commented out as being just for IE7, but I think the css parser isn't properly commenting it out.

At any rate, in my 1.2.2.pl3 test system, I just edited private/plugins/sitetailor/templates/gl_horizontal-cascading.thtml, and changed line 159:

PHP Formatted Code
.gl_moomenu{menu_id} li ul {
  width:377px;
}

saved it, and then cleared the caches and it's now wider.

Click on image to download

2. Systemwide color change: I have made the changes in the CSS files. But, there are some basic settings via the C&C. I will try to change them and report back if I run into trouble.

I think you're talking about the color options in the menu builder interface, yes? Or are you using a different plugin like Chameleon? Just let us know if you need additional help.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: Geiss (offline)  Jun 07 2012 17:30 pm  
Geiss

One last thing to note, if you're using IE6, then that setting is in the public_html/layout/nouveau/ie6.css file as well, and you'll want to change it there.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: vick (offline)  Jun 12 2012 16:37 pm  
vick

Hi again,

1. Sorry, I edited both files "gl_horizontal-cascading.thtml", in the root: /caepipenet/glfpvt/plugins/sitetailor/templates,
and in the custom folder: /caepipenet/glfpvt/plugins/sitetailor/templates/custom

line 159 to: 407px

Still no change in the width of the menu dropdown (cleared Cache, reloaded broswer).

2. Yes, I was referring to changing the colors under the Menu Builder command. Another thing I noticed was that I could not display the images in the nouveau/images folder (on my hard drive, local copy) in Windows Explorer > Thumbnails. Tried Irfanview too. The images (PNG and JPG) don't want to display barring 3 or 4 imgs. What is different?

Reason: I want to see which files are referenced under Menu Builder (under Graphics) so that I can edit those image files (for color) and upload them.

I have stuck with the nouveau theme.

3. The file upload/bad link problem was solved. As you may recall, the web host by changing paths had created trouble. I put in the correct paths now. Thanks.

4. How do I change the time zone to show correctly on the forum page. It right now shows some WST. I changed in Confg > Languages and Locale > Time Zone to PST. Saved it. Still, the display up top below logged-in username shows WST.

Thanks.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: vick (offline)  Jun 15 2012 13:10 pm  
vick

Geiss,

Did you see my previous post?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Vick

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Geiss (offline)  Jun 15 2012 19:15 pm  
Geiss

Hi Vick,

Sorry, I've been on vacation for the past couple of weeks, and internet access was spotty.

I can't think of a reason why it's not working for you. I am happy to poke around on your site, if you'll send me a glFusion admin login and ftp access.

Thanks,

Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 08:25 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content