Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Add-on, Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 Slate menu Profile is replaced by Forms
   |  Printable Version
By: appie252001 (offline)  Sep 17 2011 06:02 am (Read 793 times)  
appie252001

Hi,

I installed the slate theme, and have the “Custom profiles” and “Forms” plug-in also installed. In the admin menu there is no “Custom profile” item anymore, and the translated menu item is now showing the Forms. So there is no menu item anymore in the admin for the Custom profiles.

Normally the Forms menu items are placed in the user and admin menu, but it looks like the translation is wrong. The translation in Dutch for Curtom profiles is now “Aangepaste Profielen”, and is showing the Forms.

Is this a wrong setting from me in the admin or is there a problem whit the combination of the Profile and Forms plug-in?

Thanks,

Albert

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email    
By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 17 2011 10:25 am  
lgarner

First, did the menu display correctly with the default theme? I can't see anything that would change due to the theme. The Forms plugin doesn't include a dutch language file at all, so it should be in English.

Also, is the language also incorrect if you go to the Command and Control area?

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +52

Profile Email Website  
By: appie252001 (offline)  Sep 19 2011 04:04 am  
appie252001

Hi,

I remember I changed also something else, in the siteconfig I changed the “default_charset” to utf-8. I changed it back now, and all menu references are correct again. And the forms menu item is back again.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the theme but with another issue, that a part of the menu still is in English. When changing the “default_charset” to utf-8 more of it was in Dutch. But only then the problem occur with the wrong menu reference for the custom profile and the missing menu for the forms.

On another site I don’t have the forms plug-in installed, and there the menu reference to the custom profile is correct. It looks like there is a difference between the two language files, or I am doing something wrong when changing the charset to get the Dutch language right on more parts of the site and the menu?

So, to change the question of this topic, how do I change the language of the menu items and some parts of the site to Dutch?

Albert

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 19 2011 09:46 am  
lgarner

It's odd that the language strings get mixed, but to get Dutch into the menus you'll need to translate the language files. Each plugin has a language directory (private/plugins/<plugin_name>/language) which contains its language strings in separate files: english.php, dutch.php, etc. There is also (usually) a UTF-8 version: english_utf-8.php, dutch_utf-8.php, etc.

The Forms plugin does not have a Dutch translation, so it should be using english.php. The Profile plugin does have a Dutch language file, UTF-8 only. It's probably safe to copy dutch_utf-8.php to dutch.php, but I'm not completely sure. It is safe with the English file.

Each language file sets a global variable for the plugin, which is why I don't know how they're getting mixed. Forms sets $LANG_FORMS while Profile sets $LANG_PROFILE.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +52

Profile Email Website  
By: appie252001 (offline)  Sep 19 2011 10:27 am  
appie252001

Lee,

I have a Dutch translation in my “private/plugins/forms/language” directory, maybe there was one in the beginning. It is a file from august 2010, when I started with the forms for the first time (this was your first not released beta version). I added the file so you could see. There is also a Swedish one.

A lot of text is the same, maybe that’s why it is using the wrong text for the profile, because it’s also in the forms translation.

About the utf-8, because there are more translations in utf-8 for Dutch, should I only change this in the siteconfig, or are there more actions I have to take to change this?

Thanks …..

Albert

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: appie252001 (offline)  Sep 19 2011 10:29 am  
appie252001

OK, an error with the file, maybe it is working as a zip file …..

Forum Regular Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 10:34 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content