Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Add-on, Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 PayPal 0.5.1 where is PP URL?
First | Previous | 1 2 3 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 13 2011 19:12 pm (Read 3985 times)  
Anonymous: Dennis

I updated the PP plugin and still have the "add to cart" button and it links to PP sandbox.

Where can I change the PP sandbox URL for PP site URL? No url's in admin Config.

I also upgraded the subscription plugin (if that has anything to do with it?)

On top in help file it says it support glF 1.4 !

Regards
Dennis

By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 13 2011 21:48 pm  
lgarner

In the PayPal plugin administration there's a link to "Gateways". From there you can edit the PayPal gateway and change the URL's.

The Subscription plugin is not needed for the PayPal plugin, it's the other way around. If you're not using the Subscription plugin you can delete it.

I've also removed the text from the help file. Thanks.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +52

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 14 2011 19:56 pm  

Thanks,

Thanks for making this nice and simple plugin.

I own one of the best shopping cart script in the Internet City. On my glf site I have a very few
products for sale, I don't need any complicated solutions and the PP plugin work just fine for me.
The Amazon Check out is a clever add on to it.

On Product Catalog, View product, the two first paragraphs in product description is
between title and Buy Now button and the other text comes below title on left.

It looks messy, any change or workaround to make the description text show up in
whole under the title text on left or in whole on right side of page?

The "Add to Cart" button seems to be stuck under Buy Now button and links to paypal
plugin index page, how can I remove this button as "add to cart" is not offered any more?

Also,
1. Would be nice add on to have thumbnail images on Product Catalog page
2. Would also be nice to be able to move product up or down, not just list them as they are added.
3. Add "Product Description" above the product description text?

As I have a few subscription products, I notice the new Subscribe button, do I not need the Subscription plugin anymore?

Regards
Dennis

By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 14 2011 20:16 pm  

Just found out when Editing a product:

When I click on "delete Images" in I am taken to admin home and I cannot delete the image.

Dennis

By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 14 2011 20:55 pm  

I just notice when adding a product.

If I make the first paragraph BOLD it will be listed under the title,
if it is just a normal text, the whole text is on right, look nice and is close the Buy buttons.

Dennis

By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 14 2011 21:48 pm  
lgarner

I'll check the last two, I probably never tried bolding text in the full description. I don't understand the second sentence, so I'll have to see what happens when I try it. Also most likely I haven't checked the delete image function in a while, I can see how that might be broken.

On Product Catalog, View product, the two first paragraphs in product description is
between title and Buy Now button and the other text comes below title on left.

It looks messy, any change or workaround to make the description text show up in
whole under the title text on left or in whole on right side of page?

In the site configuration, you can enable template comments to see what templates are being used. It sounds like one or both of the product_detail_*.thtml files need adjusting. The css is in private/plugins/css/style.css, perhaps there's something to adjust there. That's not my strong suit.

Each gateway has a list of checkboxes for the services that it supports. If you uncheck "Checkout" from each of them the add-to-cart function should go away.

1. The first uploaded thumbnail should be showing in the product list.
2. The products should be alphabetical by name, I think. I'll see about adding a sort selector.
3. That can be done by altering the template. Create a "custom" directory, copy the template file into it (product_detail_*.thtml or maybe product_item_*.thtml, depending on what view you're looking at). I have added some id's and classes to some of the fields from the original, so you might be able to make the change in CSS.

The Subscription plugin allows you to accept payments for access to your site. It adds the buyer to the group that you specify, such as "premium users" so you can use story & other permissions to restrict access only to that group. It's not for any kind of recurring subscriptions. Paypal offers subscriptions, and there's an option for it in the Paypal gateway, but it's never been tested (it doesn't work properly with the Paypal sandbox). I'd be interested if that's what you use and if it works. It should, in theory.

Lee.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 15 2011 10:12 am  
lgarner

The product detail screen uses two templates, one if the product has optional attributes, and one if it doesn't. The non-attribute template didn't get updated with a couple of CSS changes, and that affected how the description was displayed. Unzip the attached product_detail.thtml.gz file and put it in private/plugins/paypal/templates and the display should look better.

The second file is an updated product class to go into private/plugins/paypal/classes to fix the bad link to delete images. Let me know how these work and I'll add links to the plugin article for others to see.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 15 2011 15:12 pm  

Thanks Lee,

This worked, the text is now displayed as expected but, the "Add to Cart" button is still there on all items.

I clicked "Reset All Buttons" but still no change.

Dennis

By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 15 2011 16:16 pm  

One question,

When uploading the files I saw the thank you for order template,

As I am updating my PP info and in my PP account I have to add link to the thank you page:

You must enter a properly formatted Return URL. If you do not enter a properly formatted Return URL, which includes the Return URL requirements, Auto Return will not be turned on and applied to your Website Payment pages.

Will I need any of this from PP other than customize my checkout pages?

In case I need it, what would the path to the thank you page be?

Dennis

By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 15 2011 17:25 pm  
lgarner

The plugin provides the return_url variable to PayPal, so you don't need it. You might want to put in your site url as a failsafe, since I don't know whether or not auto-return needs to be turned on when the form contains a return_url. I had assumed that it automatically enabled auto-return.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 16 2011 03:44 am  

After playing around I think I don't need PP info other than on check out pages, I can also cancel and go back to my site.

I just published the plugin and I have to be logged in to view the cart!

Anonymous users can buy? YES
It's YES to all Anonymous xxxx

How to make it public?
Dennis

By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 16 2011 10:31 am  
lgarner

I can't duplicate that issue. If "Anonymous users can buy?" and "Enable Cart?" are both "Yes" then anonymous visitors should see the shopping cart block and be able to click "View Cart" and "Checkout". What's happening when you click the links in the shopping cart block (or the View Cart tab)? Is it nothing, redirect to login page, or something else?

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 16 2011 11:31 am  

As not logged in:
The only link is in top navigation > Extras > Product > Product Catalog > Products page Empty

Clicks on Blue Tab > Product list > empty page reloads

In PP plugin admin under New Attribute says in red:
Note: Products with attribute cannot be purchased via "Buy-Now" buttons. The shopping cart must be enabled.

When logged in I can access/view the cart from all over.
I have search all over if there might be some No somewhere but cannot find any reason for this.

Dennis

By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 16 2011 12:17 pm  
lgarner

Quote by: Dennis

As not logged in:
The only link is in top navigation > Extras > Product > Product Catalog > Products page Empty

Clicks on Blue Tab > Product list > empty page reloads

When logged in I can access/view the cart from all over.
I have search all over if there might be some No somewhere but cannot find any reason for this.

The only way that should happen is if you've put your products in a category that Anonymous can't see. If the category gives "Read" access to Anonymous, or if the products are not in any category, then I don't know how that would happen. There are no permission checks on products themselves- everyone can see every product, including anonymous visitors. Only the category should be blocking access.

The only thing that the "Anonymous can buy" configuration does is remove the Buy Now button for them; they still should be able to see the product list.

You refer both to the "catalog" and "cart", but if I understand correctly you're having trouble with the catalog and the cart is not related.

In PP plugin admin under New Attribute says in red:
Note: Products with attribute cannot be purchased via "Buy-Now" buttons. The shopping cart must be enabled.

This is correct. If you create any custom attributes like size, color, etc. for products, those products can't be purchased with the Buy Now button. They have to go through the product detail page so the buyer can select the options.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 16 2011 12:53 pm  

Thanks Lee.

I have two categories which I added when I had the old PP plugin,

On category list page the category which is ready is marked as "Enabled"
I never vent into the category, did now and the permissions was all unmarked,
I guess it happened when I upgraded the plugin.

Now it works just fine.

There is just one thing, when I click buy now, on PP page the Description is used instead of the item title/name.
Would be better to make it other way around.

Dennis

New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 3 | Next | Last

All times are CDT. The time is now 11:28 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content