Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Add-on, Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 EvList Bug
First | Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Rocky (offline)  Mar 14 2011 11:59 am (Read 12104 times)  
Rocky

An EvList admin set up some repetitive events, then I edited the Event (not the instance) to put it in a category. But, then when I go to that category, the Event only shows up on one day, not on every instance of the event.

Please help.

Thanks!

Sam

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Profile Email    
By: Rocky (offline)  Mar 14 2011 13:58 pm  
Rocky

I tested again. This time I created a recurring event for 20 days. Then I edited the event to put it into a different category. But, only three events show up in the new category. Quite strange to see that it converts only some.

Thanks!

Sam

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: eric (offline)  Mar 14 2011 15:40 pm  
eric

Hi Sam,

I think it's correct but also depends on the 'view' you are using. If you have an event that occurs 20 days in a row my wish was to show it only once in the list with a start and end date showing it is an repetative event. This only occurs in the list and tomorrow if you view your list again, this event will show up again...only once until the end date is passed.

This way the event will show every day it occurs, in the list the event data shows it is a repetative event and it keeps your list 'short'.
The month view for example will show the calendar view with your 20 day event occupying every day that the event is running.

As far as I can see it is working great however I cannot explain your threesome Big Grin
(unless you added the same repetative event three times?)

Hope that explains.

Regards,
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: Rocky (offline)  Mar 14 2011 16:47 pm  
Rocky

The month view for example will show the calendar view with your 20 day event occupying every day that the event is running.

This statement is not correct if you choose a category to view, and that's exactly what I am talking about. If you pick the category on the Month View, you can see only 3 (and for another event 4) days only. It just doesn't help the viewer to think that the event lasts for 3 days only, when it actually should be 20.

Thanks!

Sam

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: lgarner (offline)  Mar 15 2011 11:29 am  
lgarner

The problem was a missing "break" in a switch statement which ended up setting the SQL limit to the category ID, apparently "3" in your case. The attached functions.inc file should take care of it.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +52

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 15 2011 16:37 pm  
eric

Sorry Sam, in my case I didn't notice anything wrong but that is probably because I got 'lucky' with my category.
Have you been able to test the new function Lee created and does it do the job?

Regards,
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: Rocky (offline)  Mar 16 2011 12:55 pm  
Rocky

That took care of it!

Thanks!

Sam

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Rocky (offline)  Mar 16 2011 14:28 pm  
Rocky

A couple of more bugs.

If I logged in with admin right to EvList, and click edit to see the event from editor's view, I am shown as the creator of that event, even though I wasn't. If I logged in as another admin, the event shows that person as the creator of the event.

The second bug....I forgot. Senior moment!

Thanks!

Sam

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: lgarner (offline)  Mar 17 2011 13:20 pm  
lgarner

I found the first one, so that'll be done in 1.3.4. If you think of the second, let me know...

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 19 2011 06:24 am  
eric

Hi Lee,

I have another one for you Big Grin
I have like 5 calendars to show all events in our village, great that this is possible for one! Now when the list is shown without any selection of calendar or category everything is shown like it should. BUT if I select one specific calendar that has more than one page of events it looks all goes well untill you select the next page of that specific list of events. Clicking next page you go to the overall list again making it impossible to get to the other events of that specific calendar.

Regards,
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: lgarner (offline)  Mar 19 2011 17:38 pm  
lgarner

Thanks. There are a few places where the calendar & category ID's aren't added to the URL. I think I got them all now.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 19 2011 18:32 pm  
eric

Glad we can help out Lee.

I might have another minor issue. When adding a new event I select 'HTML' mode in the text editor to add the autotage . However I can also use this autokey when I haven't selected 'HTML' mode but in that case the lay-out of the youtube window is messing up the text.

And another thing I noticed, when I have saved a new event with the editor in 'HTML' mode and I go back to this event in edit mode, the editor 'mode' is back to regular text though I saved it with the mode 'HTML'. I would expect to see the mode I saved this event in.

Thanks!
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: lgarner (offline)  Mar 19 2011 21:20 pm  
lgarner

First item, I'm looking at. I can't prevent the entry of autotags, but I can make sure they're not processed if the mode is plain text. They'll just show up as the raw autotag format.

Second item would be a bug. I'll check that one.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: eric (offline)  Mar 21 2011 17:24 pm  
eric

Lee,

I might have found a more tricky one.... when I do a search (regular) within my website I get search results including evList items from the past which is how it should. However, when clicking one of these search results I get kinda nothing, see the screenshot 1. Maybe this is related to part of this thread earlier but I thought I'd mention to be sure.

Click on image to download

In my case I thought it was 'a miss' so I deleted the empty event shown including all instances thinking they would all be empty resulting in a loss of the actual event.

Funny thing though (not) is that even though I cannot seem to get to the deleted event at all via evList when I do a search it still shows up. See screenshot 2 It does mention in the search however that nothing is found for the specific search result.... in this case one would not expect the result to be there in the first place no? Smile

Click on image to download

Thanks!
Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Netherlands

Profile Email Website  
By: lgarner (offline)  Mar 21 2011 17:52 pm  
lgarner

That sounds like the URL isn't formed right on the search results. I'll check it. Does it only happen with the past events that you mentioned, while future events are right?

Never mind, I think I see it. The search is trying to display the next occurrence, which won't work for events that are in the past. For now I'll modify the search to show each occurrence of an event. Not ideal, since an event with a lot of occurrences will fill up the search page, but then you'll be able to click on the occurrence that you want to view.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last

All times are CDT. The time is now 01:00 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content