Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Support New Topic Post Reply
 cant delete story, frequent authentication, media gallery administration problem
   |  Printable Version
By: Strance (offline)  Mar 10 2011 01:24 am (Read 870 times)  
Strance

Hi, i'm currently use glfusion 1.21 upgraded from 1.17

1) Our story admin cant delete any story. Those story is created by themselves, they are the owner and those story has setting group story admin can edit the story. They are able to edit, but they cant delete. Is this a problem, or do story admin suppose to be able to edit only, but not delete? I, the root user can delete the story with no problem. I'm not sure wether this is a problem after upgrade or it is alredy like that long ago.

2) I and other user need to authenticate after every few minute even though we alredy set our account to be remember for 2 hours. How to increase authentication duration or to totally disable it?

3) Command and control --> media gallery (Media Gallery Administration - 1.6.10) --> Configuration --> System Options then this error come out

An error has occurred:

(This text is only displayed to users in the group 'Root'Wink

2 - file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/unzip) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/top10000:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) @ /home/top10000/public_html/admin/plugins/mediagallery/cfgedit.php line 384

My media gallery work properly though, except sometime the flash upload working and sometime not(more time not working than working), web browser upload is always working, how to solve this. I cant get my web host to disable open_basedir. During the upgrade, i change file permission using filezilla, to make sure all file permission ok, so i think upgrade totaly success, and this got nothing to do with upgrade or am i wrong?.

Thx in advance Big Grin

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Mar 10 2011 07:40 am  
Mark

1) Our story admin cant delete any story. Those story is created by themselves, they are the owner and those story has setting group story admin can edit the story. They are able to edit, but they cant delete. Is this a problem, or do story admin suppose to be able to edit only, but not delete? I, the root user can delete the story with no problem. I'm not sure wether this is a problem after upgrade or it is alredy like that long ago.

What happens when a story admin tries to delete a story? Are there any messages in the error.log that might give us a clue?
Another thought, there were some pretty major changes to many of the admin functions between v1.1.7 and 1.2.1, many required some template changes. If you are running a custom theme, that might be the problem.

2) I and other user need to authenticate after every few minute even though we alredy set our account to be remember for 2 hours. How to increase authentication duration or to totally disable it?

The authentication management relies on a cookie and there are some security checks that validate the IP address. It could be that your IP is changing very often so we need to soften the security check. Go into Command & Control -> Configuration -> Miscellaneous and look at the setting for Session IP Validation. I believe the default is A.B, which means it will validate the first 2 blocks of an IP (192.168 is validated in an IP of 192.168.1.1). You can set it to just validate the first part, or disable completely to see if that helps. Keep in mind, disabling completely does open a potential security hole where someone could steal the session cookie and use it - more of a problem when using kiosk or shared computers.

3) Command and control --> media gallery (Media Gallery Administration - 1.6.10) --> Configuration --> System Options then this error come out

See Media Gallery Troubleshooting, look for the $_MG_CONF['skip_file_find'] info in the middle of the page.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +110

Texas

By: André (offline)  Apr 03 2011 06:41 am  
André

Hi,

This error message is still in 1.2.1.pl5. (cfgedit.php generated errors)

Remedy:
Everything comment out between line 318 and 433

PHP Formatted Code

// see if we can find some paths to jhead and jpegtran...
search line 318:        /* --------------------------------
                           . . .
                           . . . .
                           . . . . .
search line 433:
insert:                 */
below without change
                         }
                          $frames = new mgFrame();

There were no further problems.

Greetings
André

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Deutschland

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CDT. The time is now 05:13 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content