Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Support New Topic Post Reply
 Restore from Backup... basic directions
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Jason (offline)  Feb 08 2011 13:30 pm (Read 2255 times)  
Jason

Could someone point me in a direction where I could find information on the process of restoring from a gl fusion backup.... I'm sure it's here but I'm having a hard time finding it... much appreciated.
-Jason

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email    
By: Jason (offline)  Feb 27 2011 14:11 pm  
Jason

I think that I made a little head way on this. Unfortunately site isn't back up but I feel a little closer.

One thing that really confused me was that my backup was a complete backup of everything on the server so there was a lot more there then just my glFusion content and information. So with that sorted out ... I was able to pull and seperate the public and private files needed. Uploaded those onto the new server. Next I found the sql backup in private/backups and used phpmyadmin to import those into the new database.... changed my db-config and site config files to the correct paths. At this point I was able to get fusionrescue working and logged in so I corrected the paths there and saved.

I'm still at the " There has been an error in building this page. Please try again later. " point but I feel like it's all a little closer to being solved.

All the old files look good.. ( which is a 1.1.8 version )
and the database populated the way that I thought it would...

if anyone can think of anything I might of missed I'd sure appreciate it

Thanks
jason

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Feb 27 2011 23:01 pm  
Mark

It sounds like you've followed the directions in the Moving glFusion to a new site / URL which is basically the steps you follow to backup / restore a site to a new server or location. One step that folks seem to always miss is to make sure you:

Delete the private/data/layout_cache/$$$config$$$.cache file from your new site install.

This file contains a cached copy of the old config settings, so you want to make sure it is deleted so everything is re-read from the database after running fusionrescue.

If you are still having problems, try enabling root debug in the siteconfig.php file:

PHP Formatted Code

// +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | Root debug - Display detailed error messages.                            |
// |                                                                          |
// | NOTE: This option should not be enabled on production sites since it     |
// |       will display configuration options and other details that could    |
// |       expose confidential data such as database logins, etc.             |
// +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

$_SYSTEM['rootdebug']        = false;

Set this value to true and it will give more detailed error messages. One thing to note is that sometimes the system will crash before all the style info has been sent, so you end up with a black screen. Hit Ctrl-A in your browser and it will highlight any text that might be hidden (because both foreground and background are set to black).

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +110

Texas

By: Jason (offline)  Feb 28 2011 12:21 pm  
Jason

Thanks Mark, I will be working on this again this evening. Will let you know how it goes and anything that I might run into.

Jason

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Jason (offline)  Feb 28 2011 20:53 pm  
Jason

Hey there Mark...

Working on this again ... I did delete the $$$cache$$$ file... and was still getting the same trouble building page error... so I turned on the root debug and this is what it was showing:

PHP Formatted Code
An error has occurred:
This is being displayed as "Root Debugging" is enabled in your glFusion siteconfig.php.

If this is a production website you should disable this option once you have resolved any issues you are troubleshooting.

2 - mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'xxxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) @ /xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/system/databases/mysql.class.php line 125

array(0) {
}

Not sure if this helps ... I took a look at that line and could not make much sense of it other then the error is coming from a login and pass not being good ... any ideas are appreciated and I will continue to look here.

Thanks
Jason

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Feb 28 2011 21:04 pm  
Mark

That error is pretty specific. What it means is that the database username / password you have in your private/db-config.php file is not correct for the database server.

Help me understand what you are doing. For example, are you moving the site to a new host or a new server? If you are, when you created the database for glFusion (the one you restored the backup to), did you setup the same username / password for it? If not, you'll need to edit private/db-config.php and put the proper credentials there.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Jason (offline)  Feb 28 2011 21:14 pm  
Jason

Thanks for the fast reply there Mark,

I'm trying to restore from an old backup. Which it's a little more then just a move, it's sort of a restore from a full backup that I had taken back during version 1.1.8. So this all started with extracting the Private and Public_html files and placing them followed by importing the sql dump in private/backup. Then deleted the $$$cache$$$ file ... and next I changed the site config and the db_config files to reflect the new server information. Also went in with fusionrescue.php and corrected all the paths. That is pretty much where I'm at right now.

Thanks
Jason

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Jason (offline)  Feb 28 2011 21:23 pm  
Jason

could it possibly be looking for the old login and pass from the old server before?

and based on that could it be pulling from somewhere other then the db_config file?

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Feb 28 2011 21:46 pm  
Mark

Can you double check that you have the new username / password correct in the db-config.php file. Double check for typos.

Also, double check the $_CONF['path'] setting in public_html/siteconfig.php. Make sure it points to the directory that contains the db-config.php file. I guess it could be possible that you are pointing to a different db-config.php since you are moving things. I doubt it, but no harm double checking.

Based on the error message you showed earlier, it is pretty clear that the username / password is not correct.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Jason (offline)  Feb 28 2011 21:55 pm  
Jason

Thanks Mark,

there must had been a typo in there because I just retyped creds in the db_config file.

now I'm getting this error pulled from the error log

PHP Formatted Code
Mon Feb 28 21:50:28 2011 - 1146: Table 'jason_glf.plugins' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM plugins WHERE pi_name = 'bad_behavior2' AND pi_enabled = '1'

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Jason (offline)  Feb 28 2011 21:59 pm  
Jason

just took a look at things through PHPmyadmin and in the table for bad_behavior2 all the request_uri 's are of the old values from the previous server... might be the cause of this...

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Feb 28 2011 22:03 pm  
Mark

That error sounds like the database restore did not completely restore everything. The plugins table is a standard glFusion table that has existed in all versions of glFusion. So, I'm guessing the restore didn't actually restore that table, and possible others too....

One item I notice, normally we place a prefix of gl_ before each table name. In your case, there is no prefix based on the error message. The prefix is set in db-config.php:

PHP Formatted Code

$_DB_table_prefix = 'gl_';

Did you old site have a prefix? If so, you'll need to make sure to use the same prefix.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Mark (offline)  Feb 28 2011 22:05 pm  
Mark

Quote by: Jason

just took a look at things through PHPmyadmin and in the table for bad_behavior2 all the request_uri 's are of the old values from the previous server... might be the cause of this...

No, Bad Behavior logs the URI that is rejected, so my guess is that you restored that table so it has all the old URIs that were rejected. It doesn't have anything to do with the configuration. See my previous post, I think it is the table prefix that is the problem.

When you look at the database with phpMyAdmin, what is the name of the plugins table, does it look like gl_plugins?

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Jason (offline)  Feb 28 2011 22:09 pm  
Jason

Just looked at the original backup of the db_config and there was no prefix at all in there, just blank.

would it be better to try to drop the tables and import the backup sql file again?

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Feb 28 2011 22:11 pm  
Mark
Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are CDT. The time is now 10:26 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content