Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Support New Topic Post Reply
 CSS change
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: TDS ()  Apr 24 2010 21:16 pm (Read 1859 times)  
Anonymous: TDS

I'm trying to change the CSS from modifying the noveau stylecolors.css, but some things can't be edited. It seems that it's calling it from css.php?etc and I would like to change those as well. I tried editing the cache css but it still doesn't update. Things like the white in files page, or the table where the poll choices are displayed cannot be changed in the regular CSS.

Thanks.

By: Mark (offline)  Apr 24 2010 22:42 pm  
Mark

There are several style sheets in glFusion. Each plugin generally has their own style sheet, so if you want to edit the polls look and feel, you would edit the Polls plugin style sheet, which is located in public_html/polls/style.css. For the FileMgmt plugin, you would edit the public_html/filemgmt/style.css.

All css.php does is consolidate the main glFusion style sheets (style.css and stylecolor.css) and all the plugin style sheets into a single HTML call. This makes the page loading much faster.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +110

Texas

By: Anonymous: TDS ()  Apr 25 2010 00:54 am  

Thanks, I fixed it for the specific poll table but still have trouble for others. Here's the site:

www.thedarkshrine.com

As you can see, the black text is everywhere and can't seem to find a way to change it. Examples include the header text in File Management, the date, and the right block. Thanks again.

By: Mark (offline)  Apr 25 2010 07:46 am  
Mark

I think you can simply add a:

PHP Formatted Code

color:#fff;

to the body style in style.css and that should take care of it. So your body class would look like:

PHP Formatted Code

body {
   color:#fff;
   font:76% arial,verdana,tahoma,helvetica,sans-serif;
   text-align:left;
}

Give that a try and let me know if it takes care of it.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Anonymous: TDS ()  Apr 25 2010 12:05 pm  

That seemed to work for the most part. Things in the What's New column are still black. I tried adding:

PHP Formatted Code
h3 {
    color:#FFF;
}

But it doesn't work.

By: Mark (offline)  Apr 25 2010 12:25 pm  
Mark

Using the absolutely cool tools, Firebug, I can see that the titles for What's New are controlled by the .block-box-left h3, block-box-right h3 style.

I'm attaching a screen shot of Firebug in action on your site. Basically, all I had to do was put my cursor on the text in question, right click and click Inspect Element. Firebug is an excellent addon for Firefox and it invaluable when it comes to tweaking colors and css stuff.

Click on image to download

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Anonymous: TDS ()  Apr 25 2010 12:31 pm  

Got it, thanks. I use Firebug a lot and forgot all about it.

By: Anonymous: TDS ()  Apr 28 2010 21:32 pm  

I used Firebug and can't find this area: http://www.thedarkshrine.com/fckeditor/ ... r-toolbar1

As you can see when I post a comment it's using it from the color #000000 (which makes it invisible) which is no where to be found. Why can't all the important CSS be in one section? I have to change every little thing...

By: Geiss (offline)  Apr 28 2010 22:04 pm  
Geiss

Why can't all the important CSS be in one section?

You mean like in public_html/layout/nouveau/style-colors.css or public_html/fckeditor/fckconfig.js? Big Grin

The FCKeditor is a little hard to understand, since it embeds in a couple of iframes. The best thing to do is target it directly by editing public_html/fckeditor/fckconfig.js.

There is also some stuff in public_html/fckeditor/editor/skins/office2003/ and in public_html/fckeditor/editor/css/

If you get stuck, you can always visit their documentation site.

Thx!

Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +58

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: TDS ()  Apr 29 2010 14:39 pm  

Still can't find where the #000000 is.
Changing the fckconfig where there's a #000000 doesn't seem to work.

By: Mark (offline)  Apr 29 2010 14:46 pm  
Mark

The FCKeditor is picking up the background color from the <body> tag in the htmlheader.thtml template. The default template has <body dir="ltr" style="background:#000000;">

Change the template and that should fix the editor problem, hopefully it will not create any other problems. What most people do is set the body style in the css file to the desired background color (#000 in this case) and then change htmlheader.thtml body tag to #fff (or whatever you want) so the editor picks it up.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Anonymous: TDS ()  Apr 29 2010 14:50 pm  

This link: fckeditor.html?InstanceName=comment_html&Toolbar=editor-toolbar1 has the CSS:

body {
color:#000000;
margin-bottom:30px;
}
h1 {
background:none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
color:#000000;
font-size:1.4em;
font-weight:700;
margin:0 5px 0 0;
}
ul {
list-style:disc outside none;
margin-left:5px;
padding-left:15px;
vertical-align:middle;
}

Which I can't find anywhere. To change a theme I have to change every little page's CSS... it's a pain. The main CSS should take over other CSS from plugins, such as body colour.

By: Anonymous: TDS ()  Apr 29 2010 14:55 pm  

I just want to change the text colour for the comments. The background of black is fine. As you can see both the background and colour is black, resulting in no one being able to see the comment they are typing.

By: Mark (offline)  Apr 29 2010 15:15 pm  
Mark

Opps, sorry I thought we wanted to change the background.

To change the text color, you'll need to edit the public_html/fckeditor/fckconfig.js file and make the change there. Since this is all JS driven, there isn't any way to do it via the stylesheet.

The line you want to change is:

PHP Formatted Code

FCKConfig.EditorAreaStyles = 'body { color:#000;margin-bottom:30px;} h1 {background:transparent;color:#000;font-size:1.4em;font-weight:700;margin:0 5px 0 0;} ul { list-style-position:outside;margin-left:5px;padding-left:15px;list-style:disc;vertical-align:middle;}' ;

Change the color:#000 to whatever color you want and then save.

You will need to clear your browser's cache and force everything to reload (hit Ctrl-F5) to force the new JS to load. browser's are very good at caching this stuff.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Anonymous: TDS ()  Apr 29 2010 16:08 pm  

Can't believe I missed that. Much appreciated. Also, is there a RSVP like in geeklog for events?

New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are CDT. The time is now 07:36 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content