Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Support New Topic Post Reply
 Inputting Stories SQL error
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Falcon911 (offline)  Sep 30 2009 16:37 pm (Read 2169 times)  
Falcon911

I have the lasest GLfusion installed an have had the website up for sometime without any major issues. Thanks to you all for putting a great CMS toughter.
However I am now having I think is a minor issue now.

I have is that I have a user that is trying to contribute a story but copying and pasting from a word doc to the Story on the site. But onc she previews and likes what she wrote she hits save and gets a SQL error.

I open up the error.log and find this above the Story

PHP Formatted Code
Wed 30 Sep 2009 16:21:23 CDT - 1054: Unknown column 'in_transit' in 'field list'. SQL in question: REPLACE INTO gl_stories (sid, uid, draft_flag, tid, date, title, introtext, bodytext, hits, numemails, comments, trackbacks, related, featured, show_topic_icon, commentcode, comment_expire, trackbackcode, statuscode, expire, postmode, advanced_editor_mode, frontpage, in_transit, owner_id, group_id, perm_owner, perm_group, perm_members, perm_anon)  VALUES ('20090930161843455', '2', '0', 'General', FROM_UNIXTIME(1254341923), 'From the President Sept 09', '<p><span style=\"line-height: 115%; font-size: 10pt\">Hello All,</span></p>

I know there is more to the log on this issue but I think I placed what is needed. If you need more please tell me.

Now I verified that I can duplicate the same issue with my Admin account too.

I do see a fixdb script from a earlier post back in July 06 09 (forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=19595&mode=&show=5&page=2) but I wanted to wait and see if I can run that script too?

Any ideas?

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Sep 30 2009 16:53 pm  
Mark

It looks like you performed an upgrade of glFusion but not all the source files were properly updated. The SQL error is caused because the 'in_transit' field is missing from the story table. This field was dropped in glFusion v1.1.5.

The source file that is probably out of date is private/system/classes/story.class.php. Can you update it from the glFusion v1.1.5 archive and see if that solves the problem.

Just to make sure, did you perform an upgrade recently? If yes, from what version did you upgrade from?

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +110

Texas

By: Falcon911 (offline)  Oct 01 2009 15:29 pm  
Falcon911

Thanks Mark for your reply.

I will try that you suggestion. I am hoping you mean to download the latest 1.1.5 version and replace the file in the url you provided?

I upgraded from 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 (I think) to the current on Aug 12 2009.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Oct 01 2009 15:31 pm  
Mark

Yep, download v1.1.5 and update the file.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Falcon911 (offline)  Oct 01 2009 15:44 pm  
Falcon911

Did that and now I got a new error.

PHP Formatted Code
Thu 01 Oct 2009 15:41:16 CDT - 1054: Unknown column 'in_transit' in 'field list'. SQL in question: UPDATE gl_stories SET in_transit = '0' WHERE sid = '20091001154016316'

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Oct 01 2009 15:49 pm  
Mark

OK, I'm going to make an assumption here....I'm assuming when you upgraded back on Aug 12, you used an incremental release distribution, but you were more than 1 version back. For example, you were running glFusion v1.1.3 and used the incremental release designed to upgrade 1.1.4 to 1.1.5.

The quick fix to the error you are getting now is to update the private/system/lib-story.php from the glFusion v1.1.5 distribution.

But, I'm worried there are other files that may have been missed, so I highly recommend you take the full glFusion v1.1.5 distribution and re-upload everything to make sure nothing is out of sync.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Falcon911 (offline)  Oct 01 2009 16:09 pm  
Falcon911

The quick fix did the trick..Thanks....

BUT I agree with you on the assumption that something else might pop up.

Now let me be clear upon your instructions. Due to I do not want to REALLY screw things up.

You want me to:

1. Take the files from the glfusion-1.1.5.zip and expand them on my computer.

2. Make a FTP backup of the site, backup SQL too

3. Replace all files with the expanded files in step one with the files on the site.

4. Cross my fingers and were back online.

This correct?

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Oct 01 2009 16:19 pm  
Mark

What you stated sounds pretty good, but let's validate a couple of things first:

1. Go into Command & Control and make sure the version shown there is 1.1.5 (don't worry about pl# stuff).

2. If this is correct, then select the Plugins option and validate that all plugins are up-to-date (they will show in bold if an update is needed).

If both of these checkout, then it should be fine to proceed with refreshing your files using the glFusion-1.1.5.zip.

You mentioned doing a backup first, that is always a very smart plan and I would recommend you do that.

Follow your steps as you outlined them and you should be in good shape!

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Falcon911 (offline)  Oct 01 2009 17:16 pm  
Falcon911

Thanks again. Everything functioning fine now and I can now properly contribute stories.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Falcon911 (offline)  Oct 01 2009 22:07 pm  
Falcon911

New issue now.

Trying to input a forum message get a black screen now.

http://www.pomwbc.org

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Oct 01 2009 22:10 pm  
Mark

I tried to create an account so I could see the forum error, but got a message there was a problem sending the email. Can you activate my account (Mark) and email me the password (you'll need to reset it to something) at [email protected]. I'll take a look around and see what we can figure out.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Mark (offline)  Oct 01 2009 22:34 pm  
Mark

Now that you have all the source files updated, let's see if you need to upgrade some plugins. Go into Command & Control -> Plugins and see if any need to be updated. My guess is that the Forum needs to have the upgrade run (and any others that show they need it). That should fix up the forum error.

After we get that taken care of, we'll want to look at how you have the email setup and make sure we get it working properly.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Falcon911 (offline)  Oct 01 2009 22:39 pm  
Falcon911

Got the Email figured out.. I accidently changed the Auth email acct.

Plugins as far as I can tell are fine.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Oct 01 2009 22:43 pm  
Mark

OK, I always have a Plan B Smile

In the public_html/admin/install/ directory there is a script called dvlpupdate.php. We want to run it. But, if you followed the installation directions, you either renamed the install/ directory or deleted it, so we'll need to either rename it back or re-upload it from the distribution archive so we can run:

http://www.yoursitehere.com/admin/insta ... update.php

You do need to already be logged into the site with an admin account.

Once you run it, then rename or remove the install/ directory and we should be back in business. Basically dvlpupdate.php is the fail-safe we include when problems like this arise.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Falcon911 (offline)  Oct 01 2009 22:45 pm  
Falcon911

Stand by. I'm on it.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are CDT. The time is now 04:22 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content