Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Support New Topic Post Reply
 glF 1.1.5 from 1.1.4
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: Alex (offline)  Aug 16 2009 12:51 pm (Read 2370 times)  
Alex

Hi all

I am trying to upgrade glFusion 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 but I'm having some problems.

I saw on the demo page in the "Account options" two new tabs for the forum and for the media gallery. I made a copy of my site into my PC and i tried to upgrade it (1.1.4 --> 1.1.5). The upgrade went ok, no errors, i followed this page and then this one. I cleared the site's cache, added the new LANG vars into the language file, I also cleaned the cache from my browser but still it doesn't show me those two new tabs from the "Account Options".

I thought that this problem might be from a template file, but i can't find it. Any other suggestions? Did anyone had this problem?

Thanks
Alex

It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +12

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 16 2009 12:55 pm  
Mark

Alex, are you running a different theme than Nouveau? Or did you customize some templates? Normally, you shouldn't have to manaully make the template changes, they are already included with the Nouveau and Chameleon themes. We document the changes for folks who have customized those templates or are running a custom theme.

Also, the 2 new tabs are for the Forum plugin and the Media Gallery plugin, so if those are not enabled, the new tabs don't show up. Or if you are not logged into the site, they won't show up.

Are the problems with the copy on your PC or your live site?

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +110

Texas

By: Alex (offline)  Aug 16 2009 13:11 pm  
Alex

Thanks for the quick reply Mark.

Alex, are you running a different theme than Nouveau? Or did you customize some templates?

I'm using the Nouveau theme but it's customized... I only made modifications to the header.thtml, footer.thtml, htmlheader.thtml and the css files. I made the updates for the htmlheader and other files that were in the layout/nouveau folder.

Also, the 2 new tabs are for the Forum plugin and the Media Gallery plugin, so if those are not enabled, the new tabs don't show up. Or if you are not logged into the site, they won't show up.

The Forum plugin and the MG plugin are enabled and I'm logged in.

Are the problems with the copy on your PC or your live site?

No.. this went well. No problems here. The only problem i had was with the DokuWiki upgrade, but i made it manually...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 16 2009 13:21 pm  
Mark

The key changes to support the extra tabs in the user preference system were in the templates in the public_html/layout/nouveau/preferences/ directory. Can you try uploading all of the templates in that directory again from the glFusion v1.1.5 distribution and let's see if that makes a difference.

Those templates are the only things I can think of that would keep the tabs from showing up.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Alex (offline)  Aug 16 2009 17:01 pm  
Alex

I tried that Sad didn't worked. I tried to reinstall it, nothing. I installed a new glF 1.1.5 and works. I tried to see what is the difference between the template files and the "lib-" files from system (private) but can't find the problem...

Also, looking into the Configuration > Forum i saw Enable WYSIWYG HTML Editor. It was set to false so i set it to true. I cleared the cache and the browser's cache but when i try to write something in the forum it shows me the same editor (like it was in 1.1.4).

But the forum signature and evaluate user works...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advice,
Alex

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 16 2009 17:11 pm  
Mark

For the WYSIWYG editor, check the documentation, there are 3 settings that have to be tweaked for it to work.

Let me think on the preference issues and see if I can come up with some ideas.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Alex (offline)  Aug 17 2009 05:56 am  
Alex

Mark, thanks for the link about the WYSIWYG editor. This worked.

I made some testing. I removed the older nouveau folder (the customized one) and replaced with a new one from the 1.1.5 without any custom files. Still doesn't work. Can it be from the files in the private folder? I am thinking about an incomplete upgrade.... but i re-upgraded twice and nothing. Looking at the "What's new" dokuwiki page i saw the Remote Image and i don't have this option neither in my MG.

I wonder if someone else has this problem...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 17 2009 07:53 am  
Mark

Media Gallery's remote image support is disabled by default. Check out the Media Gallery Documentation for details on enabling the remote image feature.

Any chance I can get access to your site to debug the preference issue?

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Alex (offline)  Aug 17 2009 09:55 am  
Alex

I didn't saw that page on the Wiki Sad now the remote media for images works. I also saw that some config files weren't upgraded as they must... the config.php.dist was upgraded but the config.php not. Strange... now they are ok.

My current site (the online one) is still using 1.1.4. I wanted to test 1.1.5 first, before upgrading, that's why i downloaded the ftp and tested it on my PC (i use xampp). But, i can upload the 1.1.5 upgraded one on another host.... or i can make an archive (.zip) and give you a link to download it. It will be better if i upload it on a host?

Thanks for your help Mark

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: neven (offline)  Aug 17 2009 14:17 pm  
neven

Howdy Mark!

I just upgraded last night to checkout the new features. I love the WYSIWYG in the Forum. Everything seemed to go smoothly and many of your replies here cleared up a few questions I had.

After the upgrade though, I am getting a Mysql error when going to the Account Settings.

From the Error Log Eek!

1054: Unknown column 'search_result_format' in 'field list'. SQL in question: SELECT noicons,willing,dfid,tzid,noboxes,maxstories,tids,aids,boxes,emailfromadmin,emailfromuser,showonline,search_result_format FROM gl_userprefs,gl_userindex WHERE gl_userindex.uid = 2 AND gl_userprefs.uid = 2

You may be able to discern what that error means and can possibly tell me what I can do to fix this. If you feel you want to take a closer look, I have created you an account on the site if you wish to review or look at anything. Sent the login in an email.

Thanks,

–Dan

"The Dude abides."
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

Profile Email Website  
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 17 2009 14:25 pm  
Mark

Dan, thanks for the information on your upgrade. Actually, you are the second person today to have this error, fortunately, it is pretty easy to fix. All you need to do is run the following command while logged into the site as an admin user:

http://www.yoursitehere.com/admin/insta ... update.php

If you have already renamed or deleted the install/ directory, just reload it from the distribution archive.

Now I need to go figure out what is causing the problem.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: Alex (offline)  Aug 17 2009 14:35 pm  
Alex

Mark I think i found out the problem in my case Big Grin but i need your help because i don't know why it does this.

I was looking in the files from the glFusion CMS v1.1.5 Release - Incremental and saw the language files... so i changed the language from my own (Romanian) to English and now the two tabs (Forum Preferences and MG) are there. But what i am forgetting? I am sure i made all the changes to the language file as you said in this forum post.

Or there is something else?...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 17 2009 14:45 pm  
Mark

Alex, you are a genius! Great debugging work....

Let me describe how the Forum plugin is adding the tab to the user preference screen. In the Forum's code is the following line:

PHP Formatted Code

$LANG_MYACCOUNT['pe_forumprefs'] = $LANG_GF92['forum_prefs'];

Basically, it is adding a new entry to the $LANG_MYACCOUNT variable (which is defined in the core glFusion language file) of $LANG_GF92['forum_prefs'] (which is from the Forum's language file). The problem is, I forgot to include the $LANG_GF92['forum_prefs'] in the language file change.

So, for the Forum plugin, there are 3 new entries under the $LANG_GF92 variables:

PHP Formatted Code

'forum_prefs' => 'Forum Preferences',
    'forumprefs_help_title' => 'Forum Prefs Help',
    'forumprefs_help' => 'Modify the Forum Plugin user preferences.<ul><li>Number of topics to display when viewing the forum index.</li><li>Number of posts to show per page.</li><li>Number of posts before calling a topic popular.</li><li>Number of lines to display in search results.</li><li>For the Members listing screen</li><li>Hide posts from anonymous users.</li><li>Enable auto notifications.</li><li>Only send one notification.</li><li>Show topic review (iframe) at bottom when replying.</li></ul>',

I'll bet if you add these to your language file it will show up.

For Media Gallery, I don't think this is the problem, mainly because I just realized I 'hard coded' the MG Prefs text into the code (I'll fix that with the pl1updates). Media Gallery only shows the MG Prefs tab when it has been configured to allow users to set their preferences. Go into Command & Control -> Media Gallery -> System Options, then the User Prefs tab, at least 1 item on that screen must be checked before the MG Prefs tab will display.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

By: neven (offline)  Aug 17 2009 14:54 pm  
neven

I say! That worked just fine. Laughing Out Loud

Everything seems back to normal now. Love the quick fixes. Best of luck searching for the cause.

Thank-you sir.

"The Dude abides."
Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +3

Profile Email Website  
By: Mark (offline)  Aug 17 2009 14:56 pm  
Mark

I always assume nothing is going to work right in the wild, so there is always a Plan B. Glad that got you going!

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Texas

New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are CDT. The time is now 11:18 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content