Forum Index >  Site Information >  Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Ability for local e-mail integration
   |  Printable Version
By: omnialive (offline)  Jul 22 2009 15:38 pm (Read 2570 times)  
omnialive

I have a client that wants their users to be able to login and manage their e-mail from within the glFusion site I am setting up for them. Currently, the users have to do a seperate login to a webmail client to do e-mail functionality.

The glFusion site is installed on the mail server, so direct access to the mail files for each user is there. An example path to the mail files would be, "/home/webmaster/mail".

The glFusion usernames exactly match the mail usernames. So a glFusion username of "specialagent" would have a mail folder of "/home/webmaster/mail/specialagent" and this folder would contain the normal unix/linux directories of "cur", "new" and "tmp".

I have looked at the ALPHA plugin glPopMail-0.1 and while that might work, there is no real need to use POP3 since local access to the physical mail files is possible. Even if you had to statically set the path to each user's mail files, that would be more than fine in our case where there is a limited number of user logins.

Anybody know of a solution to handle what I am looking for?

Furious activity is no substitute for understanding.
- H. H. Williams

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Profile Email Website  
By: Geiss (offline)  Jul 22 2009 15:45 pm  
Geiss

First off, welcome to the glFusion community! Big Grin

Off the top of my head, I would say create a static page with an iFrame that embeds the webmail's page. Perhaps you could also get tricky with some PHP to pass the username and password from the glFusion account and auto-populate it in the webmail page's login form?

Hope this helps!

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +58

Profile Email Website  
By: trinity (offline)  Jul 22 2009 23:10 pm  
trinity

I am glad to see some one looked at glPopMail. It probably wont ever be finished or worked on due to my failing health and the difficulty getting SSL/TLS pop3 to work with it. The pop3 implementation is written in pure php using the sockets interface. A lot of people don't have openssl set up with php properly. In order to do imap i would have to ether create a pure php imap client or the user would have to install and set up the imap extensions for php. Not a lot of end users or hosting providers have this set up.

For the problem you have at hand i recommend you use squirrelmail and attempt to pass the login. I am not sure about adding and removing users. There are functions in glfusion plugin api that are called when a new user is created or a user removed.

-Trinity

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +9

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Omnialive ()  Jul 23 2009 23:32 pm  
Anonymous: Omnialive

Hey Trinity!

I actually got glPopMail to do what I needed! I just had to do a little hack-job to set some variables and WHAMEE!, works perfectly! Thanks for an awesome plugin!!!

Awesome avatar by the way! Is that your own work? Really cool! Maybe if I get the inclination, I can contribute to the glPopMail project. I would hate to see it not get any more support! I really like it!

Geiss: It is good to be here! Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks again!

By: kaval (offline)  Feb 14 2013 01:20 am  
kaval

The download links for the plug-in no longer work. Is the plug-in still available to work on?

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

Profile Email    
By: Geiss (offline)  Feb 14 2013 08:13 am  
Geiss

What URL are you trying to download from? Also, what page on glFusion.org do you see the link?

Thanks,

Eric

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +58

Profile Email Website  
By: Mark (offline)  Feb 14 2013 08:15 am  
Mark

Unfortunately, this plugin is no longer available for download. It is very old, not supported (no one is maintaining it), and will not work with current versions of glFusion.

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +111

Texas

By: kaval (offline)  Feb 14 2013 15:53 pm  
kaval

Mark,
Thanks for your note. I could take a stab at trying to get it to work, but it looks like quite a challenge, and it seems like getting it to support the TLS layer was rather problematic. Would it be possible to get a non-functioning version of the code, or do you think I basically need to start from scratch?

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

Profile Email    
By: richardbkk (offline)  Feb 14 2013 23:37 pm  
richardbkk

It's possible for users to integrate webmail, for one client we created an Google mail for domains, and now if users login into glFusion and select webmail they're redirected to mail.domain.com which is their webmail.

One thing, I wish it was a standard option to use Google login for glFusion....

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +5

Profile Email Website  
New Topic Post Reply

All times are CST. The time is now 12:33 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content