Forum Index >  glFusion >  glFusion Add-on, Plugin Support New Topic Post Reply
 PayPal 0.5.1 where is PP URL?
First | Previous | 1 2 3 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 18 2011 11:46 am  
lgarner

I have one 9mb file, been searching this forum how to increase allowed upload.
I cannot find any php.ini file, will I have to put this php.ini file into paypal root directory or?

That file is normally in the /etc directory. If you're on a shared host you most likely don't have access to change it. Also, if you have files that large, be sure to disable the attachment of files to user & anonymous emails. That won't work.

I have one issue, when testing the process I added items to my cart, I have many times emptied the cart but, the items pop up again and again!

The cart table should be cleared and shouldn't be re-populating. Check the gl_pp_cart table and see if anything is in it. I haven't seen this lately, but it might be missing the delete function.

Also, when offering physical items, the Shipping Information on cart checkout page should be automatically required.

You can set the address to be required in the plugin's configuration. It doesn't differentiate between downloads and orders that might have a physical item, though. I doubt that it's necessary to collect a shipping address at all, though, since the payment gateway also does that.

One thing, when adding items, I offer physical books and often there are downloadable files offered as bonuses,
I know it will it work if I mark download and upload the zip file but, why not add one radio button for both?

That's no problem, it'll be in the next version.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +52

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Dennis ()  Sep 19 2011 04:06 am  
Anonymous: Dennis

Quote by: lgarner

I have one 9mb file, been searching this forum how to increase allowed upload.
I cannot find any php.ini file, will I have to put this php.ini file into paypal root directory or?

That file is normally in the /etc directory. If you're on a shared host you most likely don't have access to change it. Also, if you have files that large, be sure to disable the attachment of files to user & anonymous emails. That won't work.

I have full access on VPS and they offer fast support 24/7.
My zip files are usually about 3-5MB, is that a problem? It's only this one that big.

If I disable the attachment of files to user and anonymous emails, Is there an email that tells them
to sign up and download the file or how will it be handled when there is an anonymous purchase?

If I disable the cart from anonymous purchases, then the shop is hidden, it needs to require log in
to make purchase instead. Would solve few problems this way. That's how most of the big cart scripts works.

To break up big files, why not add more options for upload, 2-3 files could be uploaded and sent by email.

Also, when offering physical items, the Shipping Information on cart checkout page should be automatically required.

You can set the address to be required in the plugin's configuration. It doesn't differentiate between downloads and orders that might have a physical item, though. I doubt that it's necessary to collect a shipping address at all, though, since the payment gateway also does that.

I disabled it but name or company name is still required.

What I meant is to connect physical items with the checkout page and shipping info would then be
required No need to log into PP to get this info but it is needed with buy now button purchases.
For extra security it might be set up the way a secure server would be needed to store the info.
Perhaps it is too complicated for the whole process?

Dennis

By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 19 2011 09:37 am  
lgarner

The plugin itself doesn't care about the file size, but the e-mail might. Try it and see. Also, regardless of whether the files are attached to the email, you should see a download link. The buyer doesn't need to log in to retrieve the file if they follow that link. Registered users can follow the link, or they can visit the product catalog. If they've bought a file and it hasn't expired, they'll see a "download" button instead of the purchase buttons for that item.

Do you mean that all 4 workflow items are disabled, but it still comes up with the address form in glFusion? That shouldn't happen and I haven't seen it in testing. If all workflows are disabled, clicking the "checkout" link in the cart should take them to the order page showing the payment buttons.

They don't need to log into PayPal to use it, they just need to supply shipping information for physical items. I do believe that if the order contains only downloads they will not be able to enter a shipping address.

Addresses that are entered into glFusion or received from PayPal are stored in the database. I don't know of another place to put them.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: Dennis (offline)  Sep 19 2011 11:56 am  
Dennis

Quote by: lgarner

The plugin itself doesn't care about the file size, but the e-mail might. Try it and see. Also, regardless of whether the files are attached to the email, you should see a download link. The buyer doesn't need to log in to retrieve the file if they follow that link. Registered users can follow the link, or they can visit the product catalog. If they've bought a file and it hasn't expired, they'll see a "download" button instead of the purchase buttons for that item.

I'll give it a try.

Do you mean that all 4 workflow items are disabled, but it still comes up with the address form in glFusion? That shouldn't happen and I haven't seen it in testing. If all workflows are disabled, clicking the "checkout" link in the cart should take them to the order page showing the payment buttons.

Yes that's right, doesn't matter if I´am logged in or not, if I click Add to cart and then check out, I am taken to the form where says: Name or Company Required.
Under Address Collection, all fields are Optional.
Also, download or physical item I am taken to the form.

Dennis

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

Profile Email    
By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 19 2011 12:17 pm  
lgarner

The name or company name is required if any data collection is done. There's no point in having an empty form submitted. What you need to do is disable the shipping address form so it never shows up. Then only PayPal will collect the shipping address and there won't be an additional step for the buyer.

Command and Control -> Paypal -> Workflows -> Uncheck all the "enabled" checkboxes. The address collection is either on or off, not dependent on product type.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
By: Dennis (offline)  Sep 27 2011 10:58 am  
Dennis

Well, my server crashed and the only backup was corrupt!

Back to fresh install and I get this error on PP plugin

2 - session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_61e07ffd555b37aa7731ea988f214d84, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) @ /home/mysite/public_html/private/plugins/paypal/functions.inc line 24

Edit
Amazing! my internet went down for 10 min or so, when I got back to the site it is installed and working!

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Mark (offline)  Sep 27 2011 11:07 am  
Mark

Looks to be a server configuration error. The web server cannot create a PHP session file in the /tmp directory (permission error). You'll need to contact your web host and ask them to resolve this one. They need to allow your site to use PHP sessions (and thus have write access to the /tmp directory).

Thanks!
Mark

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:
: +110

Texas

By: Dennis (offline)  Sep 27 2011 14:16 pm  
Dennis

I talked to them and they installed suPHP, now all write permission issues should be history!
Lack of write permission was the main reason for all my problems.
I installed glf and all plugins I use in less than 2 hours and not a one issue.

Dennis

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: Dennis (offline)  Sep 28 2011 04:55 am  
Dennis

Just wondering, Lee did you already update the plugin with the files you posted here?

I can only C&P text into the editor in source mode, it's just a standard text from notepad.

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email    
By: lgarner (offline)  Sep 28 2011 09:46 am  
lgarner

I believe so, it's updated in SVN in any case. Any files that have been posted don't affect the advanced editor, though, and I have no problem pasting text into the product description field.

Forum Admin
Admin

Group Comfort
Level:

Profile Email Website  
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 3 | Next | Last

All times are CDT. The time is now 12:41 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content