glFusion v1.4.0 Available Now!
Tuesday, April 01 2014 @ 09:45 AM CDT
Contributed by: Mark
The team at glFusion.org is proud to announce that glFusion v1.4.0 is now available for download. This release continues our commitment to providing a secure and robust content management system. glFusion v1.4.0 includes several enhancements, bug fixes, and stability updates.
With glFusion v1.4.0, we are making a shift to HTML input as the standard input type. For comments, contacting users, mailing stories, HTML is now the default. You can select text mode input, but you no longer have the ability to toggle between input methods at the time you are entering text. To better support this change, we have replaced the old FCKeditor with a more modern WYSIWYG editor, CKEditor. We also offer TinyMCE as a plugin if you prefer that WYSIWYG editor. This has also driven significant updates to how HTML input is filtered. We've fixed a security issue in the filtering and also expanded the ability for you to define what HTML elements you will allow.
The Media Gallery SWFUpload feature has always been problematic. It worked, but not always very well. SWFUpload has been removed and replaced with an HTML 5 drag and drop uploader.
Menu Builder has seen some more updates. The code has been completely rewritten to be much more efficient. HTML used to build the menus is now template driven, which gives you unlimited flexibility in creating menus.
Please review the Upgrade Documentation for detailed instructions on upgrading your existing site.
glFusion v1.4.0 Updates
- Improved HTML filtering and variable sanitizing capabilities.
- Fixed security flaw in HTML filter.
- Removed FCKEditor from code base
- Implemented CKEditor as plugin (integrated into glFusion CMS Distirbution)
- Developed TinyMCE Editor plugin - available as separate download
- Implemented plugin API to integrate with WYSIWYG plugins
- Forum: Several bug fixes for HTML entry
- Media Gallery: Removed SWFUpload
- Media Gallery: Added HTML5 Upload option
- Updated SimplePie RSS library to latest release
- Updated getID3() library to latest release
- PHP v5.4 updates (proper class definitions)
- New SFS, Versioncheck, and configuration icons for Nouveau theme
- Rewrote the internal menu building code. The code is now much more efficient.
- The following changes / features were added:
- Removed depreciated vhmenu and hmenu autotags. Should use menu.
- Menu layouts are now template driven
- You can use a custom template for each menu by creating a copy of the base template (see above) in the layout/themename/menu/custom directory and appending '_menuname' to the end.
- Removed on st_ template variable names
- Removed all legacy menu code (i.e.; menu_elements from config, etc.)